Severe weather-related conditions may delay or suspend play.
Such conditions are as follows:
- The safety of the player due to the danger from lighting
- The course being deemed unplayable (as determined by the host course)
If such inclement weather is present, every effort will be made by the tournament committee to get in the full number of prescribed holes. If play is delayed, all players should remain on property at the host facility and await official announcements from the tournament committee.
If the course remains unplayable and/or lighting is present, and as the last option, the following may result in an official tournament:
- 18-hole (local) events may become official and shortened to a 9-hole tournament. If 9-holes is not possible, local events may be rescheduled
- 36-hole Major Championships may become official and shortened to an 18-hole tournament
- 54-hole Duel in the Desert may become official and shortened to an 18-hole tournament
- 72-hole National Championship may become official and shortened to a 18-hole tournament
While the tournament committee will do everything possible to get in the full number of holes, there will be no refunds should inclement weather shorten the event